Fri 17 Jun 2011
Posted diana.poole under Uncategorized
|July 8, 2011|
|8:00 am||to||8:00 pm|
Town of Elsmere
2011 Special Election
For the Town’s 4th Council District
Friday, July 8, 2011
Public Notice is hereby given that the Town of Elsmere will hold a Special Election for the purpose of filling the position of 4th District Councilperson. The election will be held on Friday, July 08, 2011. The polling place for the election will be the Elsmere Town Hall located at # 11 Poplar Avenue, Elsmere, Delaware 19805. The polls will open at 8:00am and will close at 8:00pm.
In order to be eligible to vote in the election the voter must be;
1. At least 18 yrs.
2. A resident of the Town’s 4th Council District.
3. A registered voter with the Department of Elections for New Castle County.
Absentee Ballots for those who qualify are available at Town Hall or by contacting the Absentee Ballot Clerk, Ms. Diana Poole at 998-2215.
Any qualified elector who resides in the Town’s 4th Council District and is duly registered may vote by absentee ballot in this election for any of the following reasons:
(1) Because such person is in the public service of the United States or of this State, or is a citizen of the United States temporarily residing outside the territorial limits of the United States and the District of Columbia, or such person’s spouse or dependents when residing with or accompanying the person, or is absent from this State because of illness or injury received while serving in the armed forces of the United States;
(2) Because such person is in the armed forces of the United States or the Merchant Marines of the United States, or attached to and serving with the armed forces of the United States in the American Red Cross, Society of Friends, or United Service Organizations; or
(3) Because of the nature of such person’s business or occupation, including the business or occupation of providing care to a parent, spouse or that person’s child who is living at home and requires constant care due to illness or injury;
(4) Because such person is sick or physically disabled;
(5) Because such person is absent from the Town of Elsmere while on vacation;
(6) Because such person is unable to vote at a certain time or on a certain day due to the tenets or teachings of that person’s religion; or
An elector desiring to vote by absentee ballot in a Town of Elsmere election for which the elector is a qualified elector may request an absentee ballot from the Town of Elsmere by filing a written affidavit with the Town of Elsmere.
The Candidates for the 2011 Special Election are as Follows;
For 4th District Council:
Mr. Andrew B. Favreau
Mr. Charles G. McKewen
Posted Friday, June 17, 2011