Wed 11 Jul 2012
On Friday June 29, 2012 at 10:00am the Mayor and Council of the Town of Elsmere dedicated and opened the new Elsmere Bark Park located at 400 Baltimore Avenue.
This site was used by Delmarva Power & Light as the location of an electrical substation from the late 1940′s until the mid 1990′s.
This was then
The site was purchased from DP & L in 1999 and was used as an equipment roll-off storage site for Marty’s Contracting.
In August of 2005 the site was purchased by DelDOT and was ultimately turned over to the Town to be used as parkland.
This is now
The dedication of this site serves as an example of what can be accomplished when citizens join with their Local, county and State Officials and Departments to transform what was a vacant and wated piece of land into an attractive and active public parkland.
The Town of Elsmere wishes to acknowledge the following individuals and organizations without whose assitance, advice, guidance, hardwork and financial support this success story would not have been possible.
Our Honorable State Senator Patricia M. Blevins
Our Honorable State Representative John L. Mitchell, Jr.
The Delaware Department of Transportation
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control’s
Secretary Colin O’Mara
Deputy Secretary Dave Small
Director Ann Vasilli of the State Office of Management & Budget
Mr. Robert Ehemann
Grants Coordinator for DNREC’s Division of Parks and Recreation
The Delaware Land and Water Conservation Trust Fund
Mr. Robert Newsom
Project Managers for DNREC’s Site Investigation and Restoration Division
The members of the Dog Park Committee
2nd District Councilman Steve Burg
Assistant Town Manager Mrs. Tina Law
Administrative Assistant Ms. Diana Poole
Mr. Fred Carlson
Mr. James Servino
Mrs. Janet Servino
Mr. Robert Swain
The Town of Elsmere’s Public Works Department